These Funfetti Cookies are soft and chewy, rich and buttery, and full of sprinkles and cake batter flavor! This recipe is easy to make in 1 bowl and in under an hour. Let the celebrations begin!
Funfetti Cookies are a thing for the kid in all of us! Who says kiddos get to have all the rainbow sprinkle fun anyway, right?!
And there’s no reason sprinkles need to be saved for just birthday celebrations!
Any time you need a quick and easy cookie recipe last-minute, this is it. Only one dirty bowl and less than an hour later you’ll be reaping the fabulous fruit of your labor.
This deliciously crispy outside and chewy inside Funfetti Cookie recipe makes rainbow sprinkle sugar cookies that are surprisingly rich and nuanced in flavor.
I use a triple-threat to come up with the perfect “cake batter” taste: vanilla extract, almond extract, and butter extract. Of course sometimes you can just find cake batter-flavored extract and that will work fine too.
You can really have fun with these confetti cookies. Switch up the sprinkles for any colors you like!
In This Article
The Best Funfetti Cookies Recipe
Funfetti Cookies Ingredients
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Rainbow sprinkles
How to Make Funfetti Cookies
- Whisk together the almost fully melted butter and 3/4 cup of sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the egg and the 3 extracts, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour and other dry ingredients.
- And stir well!
- Now stir in the sprinkles. Let the dough rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Scoop the dough into balls.
- Roll each ball in a mixture of granulated sugar + sprinkles.
How to Store Funfetti Cookies
These cookies are best stored in an airtight food storage container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze Funfetti Cookies in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months! Let them thaw to room temperature before serving.
Variations on This Recipe
- Deck them out. Switch up the rainbow sprinkles and use any color sprinkles you like! The fun thing about this is that you can deck out these cookies for any holiday.
- Add chocolate inside. Go with 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips, or a mixture of both.
- Add chocolate outside. To make these fun and a little fancy, drizzle a little melted chocolate decoratively on top and let it set before serving.
Tips for Making Funfetti Cookies
- Don’t skip the 15-minute rest for the dough! It helps yield the best flavor and texture.
- Use a 1 1/2-tablespoon sized ice cream scoop to measure out the dough. This will help ensure all your cookies are the same size and cook evenly.
- Be careful not to over-bake. These cookies are done when they’re puffed and light golden, but still look a touch doughy in the center.
Funfetti Cookies FAQs
Will Sprinkles Melt in Cookie Batter?
I guess that probably depends on the sprinkles you use! I use these rainbow sprinkles from Amazon and they hold up perfectly when baked into cookies.
Do You Put Sprinkles on Cookies Before Baking?
With this recipe, you put sprinkles into the cookies before baking!
What Does Funfetti Taste Like?
Hmm, well, it’s probably a little different for everyone. When I think of the flavor of funfetti, I think of a combination of cake batter flavor and rainbow sprinkles! These are basically sprinkle sugar cookies with cake batter flavor.
So the real question is what does cake batter flavor taste like. I use a combination of vanilla extract with a touch of almond extract and a hint of butter extract to come up with cake batter flavor for these confetti cookies.
More Easy Cookie Recipes to Make
Did You Make This?
Please rate this recipe and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you!
You can also tag my handle @dailydesserting or use the hashtag #dailydesserting on social media.
To enjoy your daily dessert FOLLOW ME on Instagram!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter almost fully melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper or silpat liners.
- Whisk together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar. Whisk in the egg, vanilla extract, almond extract, and butter extract. Stir in the flour, salt, and baking powder. Fold in 4 tablespoons sprinkles.
- Let the batter sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon sprinkles to a shallow bowl.
- Use a 1 1/2-tablespoon scoop to measure out the dough. Roll the dough balls in the sugar/sprinkles mixture. Arrange the dough balls on the prepared baking trays, placing 6 to 8 dough balls per tray.
- Bake until the cookies are puffed and light golden, about 11 to 14 minutes, rotating the trays once halfway through. They should look just a touch doughy in the center when you pull them out of the oven.
- Storage: Store cookies in an airtight food storage container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply