Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy outside and soft inside with buttery brown sugar flavor. These cookies take just 15 minutes to make including cooking time, and the recipe makes just 4 cookies so you’re not stuck with a whole batch!
We take our chocolate chip cookies very seriously.
Crispy exterior and soft interior are a must. Rich and buttery brown sugar vanilla flavor is essential. And they should have just the right amount of chocolate chips!
This recipe for Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies makes just 4 perfect chocolate chippers, which is good for two reasons:
- You’re not stuck with a whole batch of cookies when all you really wanted was just a little something sweet for dessert.
- You don’t have to cook multiple batches of cookies in the air fryer!
This recipe is the perfect treat to whip up for a snack or dessert next time a chocolate chip cookie craving hits.
In This Article
The Best Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Egg yolk
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Add the wet ingredients to a bowl.
- Whisk them to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line an Air Fryer with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions, roll each into a ball, and place them on the parchment in the Air Fryer.
- Air fry at 325F for about 7 minutes.
Equipment for This Recipe
How to Store Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
For best flavor and texture, store leftover cookies in an airtight food storage container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Variations on This Recipe
- Go nuts. Add up to 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, to the dough along with the chocolate chips.
- Swap out semi-sweet. Use white chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Add flavor. Use a different flavor of extract instead of vanilla, such as coconut extract.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The butter should be almost fully melted, and then cooled slightly (but still a little warm).
- There is no need to flatten the dough for this recipe before air frying.
- When you line the air fryer rack with parchment paper, be sure to leave a little room on all sides for air flow.
Air Fryer Cookies FAQs
Can I Bake Cookies in an Air Fryer?
Yes! Air fryers work well for baking.
Similar to a convection oven (aka fan-forced oven), air fryers have a fan that circulates hot air that evenly distributes heat. This cooking method results in faster cooking times and even browning.
Can I Put Parchment Paper in an Air Fryer?
Yes! Just make sure you check to see that the parchment paper you’re using can withstand the temperature you’re cooking at.
How Long Do You Air Fry Cookie Dough?
This dough cooks for about 7 minutes to cook at 325F in an Air Fryer.
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes to Make
Did You Make This?
Please rate this recipe and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you!
You can also tag my handle @dailydesserting or use the hashtag #dailydesserting on social media.
To enjoy your daily dessert FOLLOW ME on Instagram!
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter almost fully melted and cooled slightly but still a little warm
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Use a fork or whisk to mix together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Whisk in the egg yolk and vanilla. Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, and stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line an air fryer rack with a piece of parchment paper that’s trimmed to fit inside, being sure to leave a little room on all sides for air flow.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions, roll each into a ball, and place each dough ball onto 1 quadrant of the parchment paper inside the air fryer.
- Air fry at 325F until the cookies are puffed and golden, checking at 7 minutes.
- Open the air fryer and let the cookies cool for 5 minutes in the basket, and then use a thin metal spatula to remove them.
- Air Fryer: This recipe was made with an Instant Vortex 6 Quart Air Fryer. It will work in any air fryer, but cooking times may vary.
- Storage: For best flavor and texture, store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Optional Add-Ins: If desired, add up to 1/2 cup of your favorite chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, to the dough along with the chocolate chips.
Leave a Reply