Just like at Starbucks, this Copycat Caramel Frappuccino recipe is rich and decadent with notes of coffee and buttery caramel and finished with whipped cream on top. You won’t believe how easy it is to make at home!
You know the drill. Coffee, caramel, whipped cream. Bliss.
Starbucks nailed it.
We’re unlocking the secret to making this coffee shop classic right in your own kitchen!
Yes, this will ultimately save you money.
But what’s even better is that you get to play around with it and really make it your own.
Maybe you pulse in a little handful of hazelnuts.
Or maybe you add a drizzle of chocolate syrup along with the caramel sauce.
Personally, I like mine with a little pinch of cardamom. It adds depth and complexity, and reminds me of my favorite Turkish coffee.
The Best Copycat Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Recipe
Caramel Frappuccino Ingredients
- Whole milk
- Caramel sauce
- Vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
How to Make a Caramel Frappuccino
- Add coffee, milk, caramel, vanilla, and ice to a high-speed blender.
- Pulse a couple times and then process until smooth. Be careful not to over-blend!
- Drizzle more caramel sauce decoratively inside a glass. Pour in the Caramel Frappuccino.
- Top with whipped cream and even more caramel sauce if you want. Enjoy!
Equipment for This Recipe
Variations on This Recipe
- Go nuts. Pulse in a little handful of nuts for some crunch and added flavor! Hazelnuts or pecans are my favorite. Pistachios are also delicious.
- Get your chocolate on. If chocolate is your things, add a drizzle of chocolate syrup along with the caramel sauce. Or pulse in a small handful of chocolate chips.
- Spice it up. Add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Or go exotic and add a pinch of ground cardamom.
Tips for Making a Caramel Frappuccino
- Make sure your coffee is strong. You can use espresso if you like, but I find that strong brewed coffee is fine for this recipe.
- Let your coffee cool before making this Carmel Frappuccino. Otherwise the ice will melt and your drink will be watery instead of creating a thick, rich drink.
- Be careful not to over-blend this drink, otherwise it’ll be watery.
Caramel Frappuccino Recipe FAQs
What’s in Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino?
Caramel syrup meets coffee, milk and ice for a rendezvous in the blender, while whipped cream and buttery caramel sauce layer the love on top. To change things up, try it affogato-style with a hot espresso shot poured right over the top.Starbucks
Starbucks lists the following ingredients in their Caramel Frappuccino:
- Coffee Frappuccino Syrup [sugar, water, natural flavor, salt, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, citric acid]
- Whipped cream [cream (cream, mono and diglycerides, carrageenan), vanilla syrup (sugar, water, natural flavors, potassium sorbate, citric acid)]
- Caramel Syrup [sugar, water, natural flavor, citric acid, potassium sorbate]
- Caramel Sauce [sugar, corn syrup, butter (cream (milk), salt), water, heavy cream, nonfat dry milk, natural flavors, salt, mono diglycerides, soy lecithin, sulfites]
What’s in a McDonald’s Caramel Frappé?
McDonald’s describes their Caramel Frappé as follows:
McDonald's Caramel Frappé recipe is made with rich caramel flavor and a hint of coffee, blended with ice, and topped with whipped topping and caramel drizzle.McDonald's
McDonald’s lists the following ingredients in their Caramel Frappé:
- Caramel Coffee Frappe Base [Cream, Skim Milk, Sugar, Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Milk, Coffee Extract, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Mono & Diglycerides, Guar Gum, Potassium Citrate, Disodium Phosphate, Carrageenan, Locust Bean Gum]
- Whipped Light Cream [Cream, Nonfat Milk, Liquid Sugar, Contains 2% or Less: Mono and Diglycerides, Natural Flavors, Carrageenan. Whipping Propellant (Nitrous Oxide)]
- Caramel Drizzle [Corn Syrup, Sweetened Condensed Milk (Milk, Sugar), Sugar, Water, Butter (Cream, Salt, Natural Flavor), Salt, Pectin, Disodium Phosphate, Natural Flavor, Caramel Color, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative)]
Can I make a Caramel Frappuccino Without Coffee?
Yes! Instead of using coffee as the base to make this Caramel Frappuccino Recipe, you can use milk. Whole milk, skim milk, or any other type of milk you like.
More Starbucks Copycat Recipes to Try
Copycat Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino
- High-Speed Blender
- Add the coffee, whole milk, 3 tablespoons caramel sauce, vanilla, and ice to a high-speed blender. Pulse a couple times to break up the ice, and then process until smooth. Be care not to over-mix.
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon caramel sauce down the sides inside a large glass. Pour in the Caramel Frappuccino. Top with the whipped cream. Drizzle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon caramel sauce on top.
- Serve immediately.