This thick, rich Oreo Milkshake recipe has delicious cookies and cream flavor and whips up in just 5 minutes!
On any given day, one of the best reasons to hit the drive-thru window at your favorite fast food place is an Oreo Milkshake!
Thick and decadent with delicious cookies and cream flavor…what’s not to love? But did you know that they are so easy to make – and customize – at home?!
You’re going to love making your own Oreo Milkshake at home. There’s no need for the drive-thru anymore when you can easily whip up perfection right in your own kitchen. Ok, well maybe hit the drive-thru for fries instead, lol.
In This Article
The Best Oreo Milkshake Recipe
Oreo Milkshake Ingredients
- Oreo cookies
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whole milk
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
How to Make an Oreo Milkshake
- Add Oreos to a blender.
- Now add the ice cream and other ingredients.
- Process it until rich and creamy. If you like larger cookie pieces, save some of the Oreos to crumble in once the milkshake is blended.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup in the inside of 2 glasses.
- Pour the milkshake into the glasses. Top each with whipped cream, 1 maraschino cherry, and 1 Oreo.
Equipment for This Recipe
Variations on This Recipe
- Switch up the Oreos. Instead of using classic Oreos, use whatever flavor you like! I’m thinking Birthday Cake Flavor Creme Oreos with 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles added. Or maybe Mint Flavor Creme Oreos with chocolate ice cream for a Grasshopper Milkshake, yum!
- Or change up the ice cream. You’re not stuck with vanilla here! Chocolate-lovers, you know what to do.
- Caffeinate it. If you like coffee, use 3 tablespoons cold brew coffee (or brewed and cooled coffee) instead of the whole milk.
- Play with the syrup. Instead of chocolate syrup, use caramel sauce or melted peanut butter.
Tips for Making a Cookies and Cream Milkshake
- If you like larger chunks of cookies, just crumble them up and stir them in once the milkshake is made.
- Be careful not to over-process the milkshake or it will lose its thickness.
- For the best flavor and texture, make this milkshake right before you want to enjoy it!
Oreo Milkshake FAQs
How Do You Make a Thick Milkshake?
There are two main factors at play when it comes to the thickness of a milkshake.
The first factor is to use a higher ice cream to milk ratio. For this Cookies and Cream Milkshake, we use 2 cups of ice cream and only 3 tablespoons of milk.
And the second thing to be mindful of is to not over-process the milkshake in the blender. Doing so will make it thinner.
Can You Make a Milkshake Without a Blender?
Yes! Let the ice cream soften a bit. You can speed the process along by microwaving it in 10-second increments if you want.
Scoop the softened ice cream into a glass along with all the other ingredients and stir to combine. Or if you have a jar with a lid, you can put the softened ice cream and all other ingredients in there, cover the jar, and give it a good shake.
More Decadent Dessert Drinks to Try
Did You Make This?
Please rate this recipe and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you!
You can also tag my handle @dailydesserting or use the hashtag #dailydesserting on social media.
To enjoy your daily dessert FOLLOW ME on Instagram!
- 8 Oreo cookies divided
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 2 maraschino cherries
- To a blender, add 6 Oreos, the ice cream, milk, and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup on the inside of 2 glasses.
- Pour the milkshake into the 2 glasses. Top each with 1/4 cup whipped cream, 1 Oreo, and 1 cherry.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply